The symbol of the dove in the mind is used to evoke a sense of peace and looking forward to better times.
- Doves are like the text messengers of the heart. They come to us when we need to be reminded of love, comfort and hope.
- Doves produce their own milk which leads to the symbolism of nurturing.
- The dove helps us to rid the trauma stored deep within our cellular memory. Doves carry the energy of promise. When inner conflicts are banished from our thoughts, words and feelings, goodness awaits.
- In Assyrian culture – the dove elicits a promise of hope and salvation.
- In Christianity – the dove is the symbol of care, devotion, purity and peace.
- Aphrodite/ Venus – mother of love, is often featured with a dove. Here we get the sense of higher love; A kind of love that turns a blind eye to the typical foibles and downfalls of mankind and sees right into the heart of pure potential that is revealed only by viewing the soul through the lenses of love.
The dove’s roles as peaceful messenger and maternal symbol impart an inner peace that helps us to go about our lives calmly and with purpose.
The stream of beautiful colours reminds us that even in the dark, beautiful light exists and is out there for us to find.